SUNDAY MORNING LEAGUE RULES
Just a small reminder!
The Sunday League was set up originally to enable players from Back to Netball sessions to have more opportunities play competitive matches. The Bassetlaw B2N teams were initially set up to be as even as possible in terms of skills levels/player positions etc and to ensure fairness of play. This ethos remains the important part of this league and will not change. It is competitive but all players need to remember what its about and why it all started. To this end there are rules are there to ensure that this continues as far as is possible.
THIS IS AN UNAFFILIATED LEAGUE AND AS SUCH ALL PLAYERS PLAY AT THEIR OWN RISK. BASSETLAW BELLES NC TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY THEFT, LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY SUFFERED BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER LEAGUE MATCHES. ALL PLAYERS ARE ADVISED TO OBTAIN THEIR OWN PERSONAL INJURY INSURANCE IF CONSIDERED APPROPRTIATE
- Player Registration – all players must be registered to a team in the league. Players not registered are not eligible to play. Players should come from a Back to Netball/Netball Now background or entry level league play. This is not a league for “ringers” I’m afraid. Any team not complying with this may be asked to leave the league and/or be deducted one point for each player used. Registration lists must be sent to me before the first game of the new season and any alterations must be sent to me ASAP.
- All registered players must disclose their first preferred playing position via team captains before the start of the season. A full list will be compiled by me and sent out to all team captains. Please be specific about positions eg. if your first preferred playing position is C, then indicate C and not centre court, likewise with GS, GK etc
- On occasions where a team is short of players to field a full team of seven players, it can borrow up to a maximum of two players who are registered to another team in this league. Borrowed players must play out of their first preferred playing position. This is to prevent any team gaining an unfair advantage over the other. If a team has to borrow more than two players, they will be deducted one point for each player borrowed from another squad. Please make sure that you notify the opposition captain of your intention to borrow from another squad in advance of the match.
- Points awarded – WIN -5; DRAW – 3, LOSS (but within in 5 goals of the winning score) – 2 and LOSS (the score being more than 50% of winners score) – 1
- Most sporting player nomination is decided by the opposition team at the end of the match and to be notified to me. There is an overall award for the most sporting player across the whole season.
- If a team is unable to fulfil a fixture and there is no realistic opportunity play the game on an alternative date then the match points will be awarded to the opposition team. There will be no allocation of goals in this instance.
Team fees – £25.00 per team. This covers court hire and umpires. It is to be paid in cash prior to the start of the game. Matches are 4 x 10 minutes long with 23 minutes at half time and 2 minutes at the quarter time intervals.
Match Times –
Match 1 – 8.35am
Match 2 – 9.20am
Match 3 – 10.10am
Players must turn up on time and be netball ready ie short smooth nails, no jewellery or piercings. The only exception is a wedding band which must be taped or a medical alert bracelet.
The League umpires will apply the regular IFN Rules of Netball. Captains may approach the umpires at an interval for rule clarification. All clubs must read and sign a copy of the club Code of Conduct in respect of acceptable and expected behaviour towards team mates, opposition players, spectators and officials.
Results will be posted on Facebook on match day
Please enjoy the league and if you have any issues please let me know.